Do you ever get discouraged this time of year knowing how hard it may seem to keep your oral health at optimum levels? Luckily, our wonderful team of dentists at Tommy J. Baugh, DDS, is always here to help you. Below is a list of a few simple tasks you can accomplish on your road to success:
– Dental Double-check: Check the candy received for yourself and your family, and remove those pieces that don’t dissolve easily or are washed away in your mouth easily.
– Go for Short Binges, Not Grazing: Avoid snacking over long periods of time and in between meals.
– Non-Sugar Rewards: Switch out your loved one’s candy with toys, money, or other rewards.
– Visit the dentist for an oral exam, or a professional cleaning
– Brush after Eating: Residue from candy lingers easily in hidden places, especially from hard or sticky candies, so be sure to brush and floss with proper techniques.
– Opt for Healthy Treats: Eat healthy, and you will be healthy.
– Make a Candy Plan: Decide in advance what should be done with any collected/leftover candy, or else you could find yourself snacking on sugary sweets for weeks.
Don’t go batty trying to fight tooth decay alone, we can help. For more excellent tips from everyone at Tommy J. Baugh, DDS, please call us at 281-484-1006, to schedule an appointment. You can also stop by our office in Houston, Texas.
We wish you a safe and spooktacular Halloween!